Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In Two More Birfdays

Sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch with my boys Adrian says to me:

"Mummy, in 2 more birfdays I can have hot sauce like you and chew gum like you and Daddy.  And I'll be able to open stuff."

I love it.  Not when I grow up or when I'm a big boy...in precisely 2 more birthdays.

Me "Like what stuff?"

Adrian "Things!  Like doors.  And I can stay up allllll night and clean the kitchen with you."

Pan to me looking amused yet baffled...and a little more than impressed about the cleaning.

Pan to Adrian ... beaming.

He's so flippin' cute it kills me.


4 comments:

middle child said...

Keep note of the things he says and the ages a which he says them. He will appreciate this in years to come.

Ado said...

We say "birfday" in our house, too! (-:

parenting ad absurdum said...

Cuteness! I hear "when I'm a grown-up" all the time. As in "when I'm a grown-up, I'll get a motorcycle." Ulp!!

paradigmjohn said...

...There melts my heart again.

Love,

Hubs