Thursday, June 30, 2011

FOODIE FRIDAY - The Perfect Pasta

I know a lot of people out there that are all into the 'no carb' or 'low carb' diet trend.

Personally, I would rather have my eyes stabbed out with ice picks than give up potatoes and pasta.

Sound extreme?

Well, perhaps.  But that's just how much I love me some comforting carbohydrates.

Rice...mmm.

Pasta....ooohhhmmmm.

Potatoes....yeeeaaahhhh.

So, if you haven't guessed it yet this Foodie Friday is a pasta recipe (oh riiight, you probably already figured that out by the title...duh)

It's a healthy, super easy, quick and delicious summery pasta that can literally be put together in less than 20 minutes.

I have no idea what it's formally called so I'll just call it:

FRESH AND DELISH SUMMER PASTA


1 lb of fusilli pasta (I DO happen to be a little health conscious so I use whole wheat)
2-3 large tomatoes chopped
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Lots of fresh basil sliced chiffonade style
1-2 cups of cubed mozzarella (depending on how much you love fromage....me and cheese?  Besties.  Another thing I would rather die than live without)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil pasta in generously salted water. While pasta is boiling saute the garlic and onions in a large frying pan over medium heat in the olive oil until softened.

Once pasta is cooked and drained toss into frying pan with tomatoes, cheese and basil.  Toss until cheese starts to get a bit gooey and stringy then sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.



*CUE MUSIC* (how can you not love Andrea Bocelli?)

1 comment:

Amber_D said...

Stabbing my eyes out with an ice pick in order to continue eating pasta and potatoes sounds completely reasonable to me, January and this looks delicious.