Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sugar Toes

He sat on the bench situated under our bedroom window, a foot away from my bed.  He declared he would sleep there all comfy and warm with pillows just so and blankets arranged as he likes, a bowl of popcorn in his lap.

The look of sweet innocence and contentment on his perfect little face tipped up a tiny bit to the movie that was playing on the television of our bedroom wall.

I watched him as he watched Pinnochio and Gepetto dance around, carefully placing one popcorn piece in his mouth after another.

I turn to watch the movie along with him, warm contentment filling my soul on this cold November night.

As I turned to watch the movie, he turned to look at me.

"Mumma, you wanna see my big toe?"

For reasons that only a Mother can understand or the simple fact that this is just characteristic of my son, I wasn't taken aback by this odd and randomly placed question.

He stuck his foot out from under all the blankets and points it toward me.

I could hear my husband voice say, "He's got your feet.  Look at those Flinstone toes."


"Ooooh.  I loooove your big toe.  It looks delicious!   Can I eat it?  Like a piece of popcorn?"

I pretend to nom, nom, nom on his toe from the bed.

"Let's see what happens when I wiggle it!"  Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.  "Sugar comes out of it!"

And back to the movie he turns.  Continuing to munch away on his delicious popcorn.

3 comments:

Ado said...

The things kids say! Sugar comes out of their little mouths, not just their toes, wow. (-:

Mel said...

Perfect family moment:)

Desperate Housemommy said...

You're right. They say these absurd things that make perfect sense within the framework of our hearts.